Table of Contents
TuxFighter was the first visible part of The Python Game Book project. TuxFighter is a little Asteroids-like Shooter game, written around 2006 using Python 2.4 and pygame 1.7.1. The game support modding. You control Tux, the penguin (with mouse or keyboard) and shoot down rectangular enemies (to make points). Shots may reflect from the screen border, and self-shooting result in negative points. In the game, you can pick up one of those power-up's and enjoy different effects:
Like all games from the The Python Game Book project, TuxFighter is licensed under the GNU-GPL license. This means you are free to use the code for your project as long as your project's code also remains free.
Tuxfighter is hosted on Sourceforge. Click here to download the Tuxfigther package that best matches your architecture or operating system:
Download - Statistic from Sourceforge:
click on the screenshot to see a larger picture and description
|The Debian-Logo will destroy all present enemies with red laser beams.||The Wine-Logo will confuse and freeze enemies for a very short time.||The Ubuntu-Logo will give you community-protection against nasty rectangular enemies for some time.||The hemp Logo is actually a power-down and make the game much more difficult for some time.|
how to help
talk about Tuxfigher
- in English:
- FRESHMEAT.NET (the sister site of SourceForge.net) has an entry about TuxFighter. You can rate and comment the game there.
- The Linux Game Tome at happypenguin.org has an entry about TuxFighter. You can rate and comment the game there.
- Softpedia has an entry about TuxFighter. You can rate the game and write your own review there.
- The pygame.org website has an entry about TuxFighter where you can rate and comment the game.
- You can find discussion entries about TuxFighter if you use the search function of the Ubuntu Web Forum
- in German:
- in Japanese:
- The site Moongift has an entry about TuxFighter with somee screenshots. I salute Atsushi Nakatsugawa who made me a nice translation.